Monday 6 December 2010

Song of Peace


Today is our Independence Day. On the 6th of December 1917, our country became independent from Russia, and has been ever since. This day is not celebrated by parades or parties, but rather with quiet contemplation, this independence was not won easily. 

And this suits me today. This morning I received sad news, and don't mind just spending the day enjoying the little, ordinary things in life. Playing with my Daughter. The gingerbread men in the oven. The quietly falling snow and the ice rink waiting for us outside. Today we're going to try ice skating. My Daughter for the first time in her life, and me for the first time in years. I hope my ankles won't mind too much. And I'm going to be thankful for my life. It is certainly not all that I wanted it to be, but it's life, and I still have it. And today, that's enough.

Hug your loved ones. Give them kisses to last a lifetime. Tell them how much you care.

And to you, my love, from here to eternity.




Joan Baez sings Finlandia by Jean Sibelius.

No comments:

Post a Comment